The balance is used to measure mass to a high degree of precision.
To assess specific gravity of formulations and to measure reagents, bhasma, churna etc.
• Check whether the sensitivity of the balance is appropriate for the amount of material to be weighed.
• Zero the balance before use.
• Put material to be weighed in a suitable container or on weighing paper, never directly on the pan of the balance.
• Determine the mass of the weighing container or paper.
• Place the material to be weighed in the container or on the weighing paper in the middle of the pan to avoid corner-load error.
• To prevent contamination of stock material, do not return unused substance to the stock bottle.
• Clean the balance with a soft, clean brush after use.