It is a device that maintain water at a constant temperature. It is used in the microbiological laboratory for incubations.
The water bath is used to carry out various chemical reactions at specific temperatures, depending upon the requirement of an experiment. The temperature of the water-bath is controlled by a thermostatic arrangement.
1. The container is generally made up of heavily nickel plated tank of about 20-30 litre capacity.
2. The heating is done by the strip heater clamped under the tank.
3. The temperature is controlled by a thermostat and regulated by a control knob.
4. The temperature can be recorded by a thermometer.
CARE AND MAINTAINANCE :
1. The water bath should be sufficiently filled with water, before use.
2. Do not forget to put off main switch after use.
3. Cover the water-bath when not in use.